Hello bakeitbox family!
For Feb’s Valentine’s Day themed baking kit, we’d say the most challenging part is piping out your red velvet batter to create the heart shape! So have a read below for our step-by-step explanation.
But remember, at the end of the day, nothing beats a homemade treat made with love & that is what counts (not how they look!)
How to pipe heart shaped whoopie pies/ cookies:
- Cover template with baking paper
- Whilst applying even pressure, following the dotted line, pipe a “V” shape - start at the top, go down and then back up.
- To end off, go back down & flick.
- Check how they look & if one side has too little batter, add more.
- Use water to smooth out any peaks.
- Bake your cookies!
- Allow cookies to cool completely before handling, as they are naturally soft.
This is what you want to be aiming for:
LASTLY, if its just not working out for you, no stress! Pipe round blobs out & you'll have yourself the "traditional" whoopie pies. 👌 Remember, baking is something you learn & improve with practice. Just have fun!
Also, click here to see more tips & troubleshooting questions & answers.
Good luck & happy baking!