Things you will need:
- Wafer paper
- White fondant
- Gold metallic balls
- Petal template
You can find wafer paper at your local cake decorating store.
To find petal templates, search online for a petal style you like. Then print out a large & smaller sized version of it.
To re-create our fuller wafer flower:
- (Bottom) Layer 1: x6 large petals
- Layer 2: x5 medium petals
- Layer 3: x5 small petals
- Layer 4: x3 small petals
Watch video tutorial at 4:27
- To make the centre of the flower, lightly wet the sides of the petals & adhere them to each other.
- Also, don't forget, when building each new layer, place the first petal where the two larger petals cross.
- You only need a TINY amount of water to make the wafer paper tacky. If you do find that you added too much, put it aside & let it air dry.
- Store excess wafer paper in a zipped lock bag in a dry & cool place.